Tuesday, January 1, 2013

26 Acts of Kindness - Day 1

The first Random Act of Kindness was for little Charlotte Bacon, who was just 6 years old. She had such a sweet smile and, apparently, her spunk matched her red curls. =) She is said to have pleaded, then pestered in order to get something she really wanted. Being stubborn myself, I have to admire that. Her favorite color was pink and she loved any animal she met, but was especially attached to her golden retriever. She loved animals so much that she wanted to be a veterinarian when she grew up.

So, when I was reading this last night in order to prep for today's random act of kindness my thoughts immediately went to an email I had seen while we were driving home from our New Years Eve family dinner last night. I received an email on my phone - a Groupon email (which jam up my inbox so much that I mostly I just delete without looking at them now). However, I opened this one and scrolled through the deals. One happened to be for a charity called "Fences for Fido" (http://www.fencesforfido.org/) which builds fences for dog owners who can't afford them, so that the dogs won't have to live out their lives attached to a chain. No dog should have to live with a chain constantly around its neck, just as no child should have to fear going to school. I knew immediately that I had earlier opened up that email for a reason. I purchased a donation in little Charlotte Bacon's name. I hope she approves.


As my friend says, 
"Angels are everywhere. We can choose to make a positive difference in the lives of others... just try it and see for yourself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment