Tuesday, January 1, 2013

26 Acts of Kindness

A very dear friend of mine has been doing Random Acts of Kindness for the past 15 days - and plans to do 11 more: One random act of kindness for every soul that was lost at Sandy Hook Elementary. 

I was so touched when she started (and continue to be) that I felt the need to do this as well... However, at the time, my dog was seriously ill, had to have emergency surgery and be rehabilitated for weeks, and then only days after her surgery I came down with a severe case of bronchitis - I couldn't walk across the house without sounding like I was going to hack up a lung and every moment that wasn't spent attending to my dog's (and my kids', who were home from school) needs, I spent sleeping, trying desperately to get over my sickness.  With my dog's situation and my bronchitis it wasn't really feasible (considering I left the house a total of 3 times in two weeks - only going to the vet and the doctor's office) to be out doing even one act of kindness, let alone 26. But while I was sick I made a decision that if I was better by the New Year, then I would begin my own 26 Random Acts of Kindness. And I'm (thankfully!) better. So... I guess here it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment